· Excels in the use of effective storytelling and utilizes advanced writing skills across multiple-platforms (e.g. visual media, written media, social media, news media, and website)
· Plans and prepares communications materials, implements and manages all day-to-day marketing and internal/external communications responsibilities, coordination and management of events, branding, seminars, awareness activities, and promotion
· Demonstrates success in utilizing effective storytelling, writing and editing skills across multiple platforms, with concise communication and coordination
· A wide range of editorial, content creation, and technical skills, as well as the ability to positively overcome and address the demands and requirements of a high-pressure work environment.
· Expansion of expertise and proficiency in each area of content creation, increased SEO and digital metrics while engaging and informing a global staff of current and developing situations.
EXPERIENCED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
Content Creation Multimedia Media Relations
Communications Media Consultant On-Air Production Coordination/Collaboration Multiplatform Integration Video Production
Detroit, MI January 2013 – Present
Creative Content Producer/Director/Writer
· Collaborative Producer/Director of live and prepackaged creative content. Integrating multi-media platforms, video, digital, television, website based, branding, marketing, advertising, proof reading, and editing written and social media content. Including Corporate, Documentary, Instructional, Informative, future business Initiatives, news coverage, and promotional content.
· Develop editorial calendars to assist production of impactful multi-layered organizational engagement content to deliver the organization's messages to internal and external personnel such as employees, management, stakeholders, and public.
· Edit presentational, written, and video business content for maximum efficiency and productivity through Interfacing with digital content management systems, analytics, metrics, and research. By identifying and improvement of communication channels.
· 107 Licensed pilot - Cinematic and commercial UVA Drone pilot and producer.
Detroit Public Television / Detroit Journalism Cooperative
Detroit, MI May 2016 – July 2017
· Grow Digital, Social Media, and Marketing aspects of the corporation while expanding (SEO) search engine optimization through increased traffic, time spent on page, likes, and shares on website and social channels.
· Oversee editorial content, development, and programming for a multiple platform media conglomerate consisting of two radio station, 5 ethnic newspapers, web biased magazine, and television station. Coordinate all facets of editorial and technical content for non-profit public media. Manage writers and talent of the assorted media outlets to a common theme, coordination, and collaboration
ABC News, Good Morning America
New York, NY 1999 – 2013
Editorial and Content Coordinating Producer
June 2009 – July 2013
· Managed: writers, bookers, producers, editors and support staff for production of all editorial, creative and technical content in a time-sensitive and high pursue deadline.
· Upgraded guests, tape pieces, scripts, content, bookings, locations, and overall production through proof-reading, editing, and rewriting content upgrades.
· Heightened internal and external communications between news desks, producers and correspondents throughout the world to provide the most important and latest information
Control Room Coordinating Producer
July 2004 – July 2013
· Responsible for all visual elements in the show including video b-roll, tape packages, animations, pictures, and lower 3rds in conjunction with communicating between the control room and videotape room and graphics to attain the highest and most current visual elements to match editorial content with visual elements
October 2005 – July 2013
· Administrated live news events and feature pre-produced video segments for television and social media outlets. Wrote and edited news and features tape segments. Booked guests, facilities, and video crews camera operators, interviewer, lighting, and audio operator for remote/live segments.
MS Office, Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Clout, Premiere Pro Adobe CC Video Editing, Media Encoder, Studio, DSLR, GoPro, and XDCAMEX Camera, Lighting, Audio Mixing, Audio Operation, Pre-production, Producing, Post-Production, Script Writing.
Bachelor of Arts, Communications and Electric Media
The University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, MI
DuPont – Columbia Award, Emmy – National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Michigan Emmy – National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, George Foster Peabody Award, Nominee – GLAAD – Michigan Association of Broadcasters “Best” award - Media Award for Outstanding TV Journalism – Segment, Nominee – Emmy – National Academy of Television Health & Sciences – Segment, Cable ACE Award – Television Excellence – Michigan - Sierra Club’s Environmental Journalism Broadcast Award
PRODUCED VIDEO PIECES FOR ABC NEWS GOOD MORNING AMERICA
50225 Uptown Ave Apt 302 Canton, MI 48187
Phone: (917) 656-3730
COMMERCIALLY PRODUCED VIDEO PIECES
PRODUCED VIDEO PIECES FOR DETROIT PUBLIC TELEVISION & THE DETROIT JOURNALISM COOPERATIVE
A position in an organization which exhibits creative exploration in content creation, multi-media and/or video production which requires a leader who can:
1. Strengthen video production creativity
time and quality for live and taped assets
2. Administrate collective editorial and technical staff management form ideologies to conceptualization
3. Demonstrate concise communication and coordination to global organizational staff in time sensitive situations
4. Execute creative content management to a multi-media, multi-platformed staff at the local, national, or international level
Launched a new live news program from inception. Result: Increased revenue through advertisement sales as well as expanding brand visibility and credibility.
Shaped enhancement upgrades upon identifying operational problem areas. Result: Allowed for immediate and long term solutions plus increased viewership.
Invoked new procedural functions to enhance overall product. Result: Eliminated human error by incorporating new audio / visual communications techniques
Negotiated communications and all visual elements in multi live international control rooms. Result: Successfully coordinated an influx of information to multitude of people in extreme pressure conditions and time stipulations.
Demonstrated concise communications and directions to staff during live extremely time sensitive situations. Result: Solved emergency situations while continuing to preform changes and upgrades to the overall product.
Fashioned and executed long term projects from pitching a notion to finalization. Result: Expanded brand visibility while increasing ratings.